You are hereMake A Difference Day
Make A Difference Day
Thank you for your interest in the 14th annual Make a Difference Day!
Come join over 500 of your favorite friends volunteering for great community projects benefiting our local nonprofits, schools and agencies around the County. This is also an annual food drive, so please bring a non-perishable food item (or three) to contribute to a food bank in Summit County.
As a volunteer, there are a few things that you need to know. Mostly, that this is a very FUN event, so sign up your family, your friends, your youth group, whomever! We strongly recommend that you preregister so you don't have to stand in line. ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN TO ALLOW US TIME TO PREPARE FOR TOMORROW!! If you have not pre-registered, just come a little before 8:00 a.m. and we'll get you set up.
The event for the day looks something like this:
- Please show up at the Summit Stage Bus Barn (near the County Commons in Frisco) at 8:00 a.m. sharp. MAP TO BUS BARN
- Follow the signs and event parkers (thank you A-Basin!) to park your car.
- Drop your non-perishable food item in the truck parked out front to support our food drive!
- Check-in at a registration table (if you have pre-registered - which is best) in the bus barn, grab a free breakfast burrito and hot coffee, and meet with your project leader.
- Each project is assigned a number (you'll know what yours is by the number on your name tag) and each project has big helium filled balloons with those numbers on them - so you can easily see them across the bus barn.
- Your project leader will take you out to the project that you have signed up for, where you will work for the morning.
- Volunteers will return to the bus barn from noon - 2:00 p.m. for a free burger/veggie burger/hot dog lunch and music.
As a volunteer you will be provided with materials for your specific project, but there may be a few thing you might want to bring:
- Water bottle
- Sun screen, if working outdoors
- Warm clothes
- Sturdy shoes
- Work gloves
- A great attitude!
Thanks for participating and making a difference in Summit County!
Still have questions? Call Jordan Schultz at 970-668-9196 or email JordanS@co.summit.co.us.
|Make A Difference Day Release 2012.pdf||101.99 KB|