You are hereCARE Council
Community Accessing Resources Effectively
CARE Council PURPOSE: To promote, streamline, and facilitate development and maintenance of services for children, youth, seniors and families in Summit County.
CARE Council FUNCTIONS:
- Advise the Board of County Commissioners in matters related to the delivery of health and human services to the children, youth and families of Summit County
- Strategic planning to guide public and private investment in development and maintenance of the system for delivering health and human services to the children, youth, and families of Summit County and to identify priority areas for broad-based community action.
- Coordination and facilitation of mechanisms for information dissemination, program planning, and program evaluation in order to promote efficient and effective delivery of health and human services in Summit County.
- Advocacy regarding local, state, and national policy affecting children, youth, and families in Summit County.
- Organization capacity-building to ensure sustainability of an effective and efficient, public-private system for delivering health and human services.
CARE Council agencies and community representatives:
- Community Care Clinic - Sarah Vaine
- Family Intercultural Resource Center - Tamara Drangstveit
- Summit Foundation - Lee Zimmerman
- Summit School District - Jaime Borger
- Summit County Government - Scott Vargo
- Mind Springs Health - Kathy Davis
- Early Childhood Options - Lucinda Burns
- Volunteers - Lyn Manton Krueger
- Towns - Stuart Richardson
- Physicians/Hospital - Don Parsons
- Dental - Erin Major
- Business/Ski Areas - Sara Westenskow
- Law Enforcement - Shannon Haynes
- Seniors - Gavin Larney